Classified School Employees Week (CEW) is right around the corner, on March 6 to 10! This is an important opportunity for communities across Oregon to recognize and thank the hardworking classified professionals who keep our schools running and help students learn.
Our theme for CEW this year is: Leadership, Effectiveness, Advocacy, Diplomacy/Liderazgo, Eficacia, Apoyo, Diplomacia. In both English and Spanish, the words make the acronym LEAD, recognizing classified as leaders in education. The theme was submitted by Julie Wilborn of Corvallis Chapter 2.
How will you recognize the classified professionals in your school? Read on for a few ideas. OSEA has created posters, cards and more to help you celebrate CEW 2023!
For OSEA Chapters
- Use an e-card or the printable Classified School Employees Week: Education Professionals Lead the Way (PDF) postcard to send a message to your bargaining unit, thanking them for their leadership and dedication
- Turn your next chapter meeting into an appreciation event
- Update your chapter Facebook page using OSEA’s CEW social media graphics
- Share photos of CEW celebrations at your worksites using #CEW2023
For Parents and Teachers
- Decorate your classroom for CEW and share photos using #CEW2023
- Throw a party in your classroom for the classified professionals who support your student(s)
- Have students write thank you notes to classified staff using OSEA’s printable Classified School Employees Week: Education Professionals Lead the Way (PDF) postcards.
For Schools and Districts
- Create a display board honoring the classified leaders in each building and decorate schools with OSEA’s printable Classified School Employees Week: Education Professionals Lead the Way (PDF) postcards
- Share profiles of classified staff on your social media, using #CEW2023
- Provide treats in the breakroom in honor of classified professionals